Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Retweet of the Day - February 18, 2013

Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss passed away this morning at the age of 80. The Hat Trick reflected, earlier today, about why this was such a profound loss for the sports world, though I doubt many people needed much convincing.

However, even the death of a legendary sports figure is not immune from humor and sarcasm. Interestingly, if Dr. Buss had any sense of humor, I am sure today's retweet, from Onion Sports Network (‏@OnionSports), would make him crack a smile in Heaven.

"Jerry Buss Succumbs To Horrible Lakers Season http://onion.com/1346bla"

"I don't always die. But when I do, watching the play of Dwight Howard on my team precedes it. " Just sayin'....
Image from www.nba-memes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment