Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Retweet of the Day - May 28, 2013

I promise that The Daily Hat Trick is not becoming The Daily Retweet. I 'll make every effort to return regular feature articles to you as soon as possible. However, I have a "real" job that pays the bills that has drained my mental energy of late. Rather than write uninteresting drivel, I'd rather give you the short, sweet, proven stuff.

The San Antonio Spurs won the Western Conference Championship last night, completing a 4-0 sweep of the Memphis Grizzlies. The Spurs' long term excellence cannot be disputed. San Antonio is headed to its fifth NBA Finals series in 15 seasons. The Spurs have never lost an NBA Finals series under Head Coach Gregg Popovich. Future Hall of Fame center/forward has been a member of all five of those teams.

The conventional fan wisdom has been (in a nutshell) that the league may as well hand the Larry O'Brien Trophy over to the Heat right now and save everyone the trouble. And while the Heat are only up 2-1 against the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals, the Heat appeared, from my point of view, to be sleepwalking their way through the playoffs until Game 3 on Sunday night in Indianapolis. They had practically won the game by halftime. I don't think the giant that is the Heat is going back to sleep.

Nonetheless, while I would personally put my money on Miami in a seven game series against the Spurs, I don't think that even the most die hard Heat fan expects anything to be "easy" about a matchup with the Spurs. As efficient as the Spurs are, their highlight reels are rarely spectacular. They are the embodiment of cold, efficient, fundamental basketball. Some would describe them as "BORING".

Today's retweet, from Referee Logic (‏@RefereeLogic) captures that sentiment. 

"I like Tim Duncan, but even his dunks are boring."
 
It's fitting that he's the poster man.
Image from www.complex.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment